Summer Internship opportunity
WILDERNESS WORKSHOP 2017 SUMMER INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
- Helping to plan and organize special events
- Helping to coordinate the Artist in Wilderness Residency program
- Providing administrative support for membership programs
- Engaging in conservation advocacy
- Production for our annual Wildfest
- Assisting with summer hike series and wildlands restoration programs
- Providing logistical support for artists in residence
- Researching local sponsorship opportunities
- Managing data
- Updating website and social media
- Organizing mailings
- Tracking media coverage
- Public outreach and tabling at events
- Outreach to supporters by phone and in person
Interns may have the opportunity to assist with hikes into backcountry lands with our artists in residence. In addition to the qualifications described below, applicants who wish to participate in hikes should have previous backcountry and route-finding experience, first aid training, and suitable physical fitness for travel over rough, demanding terrain.
Interns will represent Wilderness Workshop in many public settings and must maintain a respectful and appropriate dress, appearance and attitude at all times.
- Completion of at least two years at an accredited four-year college or university*
- Excellent and persuasive writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Passion for public land conservation issues
- Interest in special events, fundraising, and non-profit administration
- Knowledge of public land policy, advocacy and protection
- Proficiency in office computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web research and social media
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in event planning
- Flexibility – some evening/weekend work and travel will be required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Access to personal vehicle a plus, and willingness to travel around the region as needed (mileage compensated)
Compensation & time commitment
$1,000-2,000/month stipend depending upon experience for full-time work (40 hours a week)*. Internship dates are flexible, but will generally run from June 5th – August 31st, 2017.
How to apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, transcript, writing sample, and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern application” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the internship position is filled. No phone calls, please.
The Wilderness Workshop is an equal opportunity employer.
*Applicants who have completed less than 2 years at a four-year college or university will be considered for an unpaid internship.